The community services including as part of the redesign work
Over the last few months we have started the process of redesigning a range of community services, which will be completed over the next five years. They are services provided by Leicestershire Partnership Trust which are:
- District nursing services – which provide home-based patients with ongoing nursing care for long-term conditions or end-of-life care, with treatments such as wound care and continence care.
- Intensive Community Support (ICS) – a ‘virtual ward’ providing healthcare services in a patient’s own home.
- Community hospital beds (including stroke beds)
- Community physiotherapy services (not including MSK physiotherapy).
- Community stroke rehabilitation service.
- Primary care co-ordinators – who work in hospitals to support staff to help patients home as quickly as possible once they are ready to leave hospital.
To read about how people have been involved in shaping the redesigning click here.
Click here to view the presentation slides from the workshop.